Friday, January 6, 2012

Parting is such sweet sorrow

On the road leaving St Louis headed back to Memphis. I am devastated. While I love the opportunities that transplant presents for us I HATE leaving him. And I hate even more that he is so sick and I have to leave.
I know it's been a long time since I have blogged and lots has happened. After arriving in St Louis William was diagnosed with pneumonia and put on IV antibiotics at home. This was short lived because he spiked a fever and needed to be admitted to the hospital. This was scary and new to us as we had only been in St Louis 2 days and have not experienced the procedures and protocols at Barnes. He is on a specialized pulmonary unit where they treat a lot of CF and lung transplant patients. Everyone so far has been really nice and listened to all of our concerns.
William's dad, Bill arrived safely in St Louis the day William had to go into the hospital. I am so thankful to be leaving him in such capable loving hands. Thank you Pops! Haven house has been amazing and I hope William and Bill will be comfortable there while we wait for THE CALL. I pray that it is soon and I pray for our future donors family and all the healthcare workers and physicians involved in his care. If you would like to send William anything or words of encouragement his address is
William Drabant
C/o Haven House
12685 Olive blvd
St Louis, mo 63141
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and continue to share our story with your friends and families. Also please consider donating to William's transplant fund. It's tax deductible and 100% of the funds are available to William for transplants related costs. His website is
http://www.COTAforWilliamJD.com/

Thank you everyone for your. Continued love and support you all keep me going.

Lesson for the day: Distance is no obstacle to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment