Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Long overdue update....

Time seems to fly by so quickly right now. I apologize that it's been so long. So much has happened, so bare with me as I try to get it all out.
Getting back to work has been better than I thought it would be. The outpouring of support has been tremendous. Whitney hosted the first bake sale(thanks so much), bracelets are selling like mad, and just the emotional support and prayers have been so uplifting. Also having a routine has been really nice, however it has left me little time to blog. I'm sure William has enjoyed the nag free time as well. :)
This past Saturday was our first volunteer meeting in Kansas City the turnout was great and from what I hear Amy had a lot of great ideas. William's brother, Jeremy, designed a fabulous shirt for us to raise funds with. See picture below. (If you're interested message me and I'll give you the details.) One of the events that we are trying to organize are a garage sale so if you are cleaning out your house and have items to get rid of let me know. We will be having one in Kansas City and one in Memphis as well. We will also be organizing a testimonial dinner to host in Kansas sometime after the first of the year. Also sometime in the spring we will be hosting a virtual 5k, it's still a race but allows people to participate where ever they live. I have such an amazing group of friends and family! Big thanks to Kelly Bailey (aka Moochie) for organizing and leading all the Kansas City efforts, I'm so lucky to have her in my life. Also a big thanks to my mom, Karen Lind for all her efforts with the fundraising and to her and my dad for helping out so much with Jordyn. Watch for all the exciting things coming after the new year!
We are currently in St Louis finishing up the pre transplant education and doing some follow up. William has had a tiny hiccup with his health and is being treated for a UTI (urinary tract infection). He had to have a renal(kidney) ultrasound done just to make sure nothing else was going on. He's on antibiotics and so far no other problems. He has started pulmonary rehab in Memphis to help him build strength and stay healthy, he will continue with this once moved to St Louis. He's such a trooper and probably handling all this stress better than I am, at least outwardly.
After many exhaustive phone calls and internet searches we have finally chosen a place for William and his dad to stay in St Louis. We heard about Haven House through a friend of my mom's who had to stay there while she was going through chemo. It's a very nice place we went and toured it yesterday. The have several rooms on a floor that share a kitchen and laundry but each room has it's own bathroom. Lots of families living there going through all sorts of different health problems, like it's own little community. They have a large basketball court and fun stuff for kids to do when Jordyn gets to visit. What a blessing it is to have found a place like this so reasonably priced and furnished.
We have been doing lots of downsizing and budget planning getting ready to be supporting two households. We traded in William's Mazda RX8 on a much cheaper Chevy Equinox. It will also be much easier for him to get in and out of and haul his oxygen around. While it was sad to see it go it's so worth it to be able to have this opportunity at new life. We would like to thank all of our generous donors that are making this transplant possible we couldn't do it without you. We only get a list of names (no amounts) once a month, so we will thank you all generally right now and personally after we get your names.
As many of you know I have some very sad news, one of my friend's and fellow CF wives, Nikki Riddle, lost her husband Spencer this week. I was and remain heartbroken for her. Spencer was only 23! He fought so hard till the end. I HATE CF!! Please pray for Nikki and all of Spencer's friends and family.

The blog will be moving soon to the new cota page which is www.cotaforwilliamjd.com. It will have all the blogs and also have a list of upcoming fundraisers and links to all things transplant. It is just now getting set up but has some pictures and some background on us. Please take a moment to check it out.
I'm sure I have forgotten something that I wanted to say but I will have more info tomorrow after we complete all the pre transplant education. I won't be able to update until Thursday at the earliest as we have a five hour drive back home after very long day at the hospital tomorrow. Thank you all for supporting us and please continue to send us your positive thoughts and prayers. Today's lesson: Blog more often!! It's less confusing that way....haha

No comments:

Post a Comment